Jeffrey J. Conklin
Jeffrey J. Conklin
Jeff grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio and went on to attend Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina for his undergraduate studies. Upon graduating with a degree in Political Science and Philosophy in 2004, Jeff moved west to attend the University of Denver and received his J.D. and Master’s of Public Policy (MPP) in 2008. Soon after, Jeff moved to the Roaring Fork Valley to begin his legal career, where his practice continues to focus on land use, real estate, homeowners associations, business, municipal, and water law matters, as well as related litigation. Jeff strives to provide value-added, solution-oriented counsel to his clients. Throughout his career, Jeff has been actively involved in the community, including chairing Pitkin County Planning & Zoning Commission and serving on the Board of Directors of the Roaring Fork Conservancy. Jeff lives with his family in Basalt, where he enjoys exploring the Colorado mountains, playing guitar, and recreational sports.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (J.D. 2008).
- University of Denver, Institute of Public Policy Studies (M.P.P. 2008).
- Wake Forest University (B.A. 2004).
- Partner/Shareholder, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Glenwood Springs and Aspen, CO (2014–Present).
- Associate, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C./Leavenworth & Karp, P.C., Glenwood Springs, CO (2009-2014).
- Sole-Shareholder, Jeffrey J. Conklin, P.C., Aspen, CO (2008-2009).
- Law Clerk, Denver Water Board, Denver, CO (2007).
- Law Clerk, Patrick, Miller & Kropf, P.C., Aspen, CO (2007).
- Intern, Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute, Denver CO (2008).
- Intern, Urban Transitions, LLC, Denver, CO (2007).
Professional & Community Involvement
- Chair, Pitkin County Planning and Zoning Commission (2013-2019).
- Board of Directors, Roaring Fork Conservancy, (2015-Present).
- Roaring Fork Leadership, Class of 2018.
- Commissioner, Town of Basalt, Planning and Zoning Commission (2012).
- Vice-Chair, Roaring Fork Conservancy – River Stewards Steering Committee (2011 – 2015).
- Member, Aspen Young Professional Association.
- Member, Pitkin County Bar Association and Colorado Bar Association.
- Colorado (2008).
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2009).
- Presenter, Community Office of Resource Efficiency, Rain Barrel Workshop, June 5, 2017.
- Moderator, Roaring Fork Conservancy, “East Meets West: Colorado’s Water Future,” September 11, 2012.
- Presenter, Roaring Fork Watershed Collaborative, “Impact of the CRCA on the Roaring Fork River,” July 12, 2012.
- Presenter, Colorado River Conservation District – State of the River Meeting, “Instream Flow Leases,” May 10, 2012.
- University of Denver, Water Law Review, Volume 10, Issue 1 and Issue 2; Volume 11, Issue 1 and Issue 2.
- Western Water Law & Policy Reporter Vol. 11, No. 9 and No. 10.