Lawrence moved to Aspen, Colorado in 2002 to experience a Colorado mountain community and quickly realized there was no better place to call home. He briefly left Colorado to attend Law School at Villanova University School of Law in 2006 and to gain experience as an attorney. Since 2012, Lawrence has lived in Carbondale full time, where he is raising two children alongside his wife Laura, whom he met in Aspen in 2005. In his spare time, Lawrence enjoys skiing, mountain biking, rafting, and hiking with friends and family. Lawrence also volunteers with United Way Battlement to the Bells, serving in a variety of positions on the Board of Directors since 2017, including as the Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-Chair and Chair of the Board.
Lawrence has years of experience advocating for his clients, working with some of the highest regarded attorneys at several prominent litigation, property, and family law firms. Lawrence began his legal career in New Jersey where he worked as an associate with Skoloff & Wolfe, New Jersey’s preeminent Family Law and Real Property Valuation law firm. There, he represented taxpayers and municipalities in commercial and residential litigation. Prior to joining Feldman/Wertz, Lawrence worked at Balcomb and Green, P.C., in Glenwood Springs, for the firm’s litigation division, where he maintained a primary focus on family law, real estate, and business development.
Lawrence currently maintains a primary focus on Employment Law, Family Law, Real Estate and Land Use, Business Development, and litigation.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D. 2009
- Lafayette College, 2002, B.A., History
- Colorado, 2013
- New Jersey, 2010 (inactive)
- Pennsylvania, 2010 (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2016
- 9th Judicial District Bar Association, Board Member
- Colorado Bar Association
- Pitkin County Bar Association
- United Way Battlement to the Bells
- Feldman / Wertz, P.C., Of Counsel, 2021-Present
- Roaring Fork Transportation Authority, 2016 – 2021
- Balcomb & Green, P.C., 2014-2016
- Whatley Kallas, P.C., 2013-2014
- Skoloff and Wolfe, P.C. 2010-2013
- Tax Court of New Jersey, 2009-2010