Matthew L. Trinidad
Matthew L. Trinidad
He has an Economics degree from the University of Colorado and a Juris Doctorate from the Washington & Lee University School of Law. He was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 2006 while serving as the law clerk to the Honorable C. Jean Stewart of the Denver Probate Court. During his tenure at the court, he assisted Judge Stewart in the trial and administration of numerous complex probate estates, trust disputes, and protective proceedings.
Matthew is formerly associated with Chorney & Millard LLP and Kerst & Associates, P.C., where his practice involved estate planning and administration for high net worth individuals. He is also formerly associated with Garfield & Hecht, P.C., where his practice involved sophisticated real-estate secured loan transactions on behalf of private equity and local, national, and international banks.
Matthew was the president of the 9th Judicial District Bar Association from 2011-2012. He is active in the community and is a graduate of the Roaring Fork Leadership class of 2011.
- “Brother Can You Spare a Dime?” Post Independent (September 2014)
- “Residential Leases – Some Basics” Post Independent (August 2014)
- “Choice of Entity – A Few Basic Considerations” Post Independent (July 2014)
- “A Few Good Lawyers?” Post Independent (June 2014)
- “Relocation is a Good Reason to Attend to Estate Planning” Post Independent (May 2014)
- “Trolls are No Longer a Mythical Figure” Post Independent (April 2014)
- “Considerations Parents Need to Address for the Sake of their Kids” Post Independent (March 2014)
- “How to Get the Most Out of Your Lawyer” Post Independent (February 2014)
- “Recreational Marijuana – A Perspective” Post Independent (January 2014)
- “An Almost Top-ten List of Things to do Before January 1” Post Independent (December 2013)
- “The Most Consequential Element of Estate Planning” Post Independent (November 2013)
- “The Exit Strategy Should Entail Careful Planning” Post Independent (October 2013)
- “An Update From the Evolving Landscape of Committed Same Sex Relationships in State of Colorado” Post Independent (September 2013)
- “Is Probate Avoidance a Concept That is Past its Prime?” Post Independent (August 2013)
- “Get to Know Your Judge” Post Independent (July 2013)
- “The Fool for a Client Rule (Revised)” Post Independent (June 2013)
- “Taking Stock – The Importance of a Personal Inventory” Post Independent (April 2013)
- “Business Succession and the Buy-sell Agreement” Post Independent (March 2013)
- “Domestic Partners May Pay a High Price for a Failure to Plan” Post Independent (February 2013)
- “A Green Light from Congress to Plan Your Estate” Post Independent (January 2013)
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “Rule 8.8 Non-Appearance Hearings in Probate Court,” 37 Colo. Law. 45 (Jan. 2008).
- “Public Trustee Foreclosures: Be Aware of What Remains,” 40 Colo. Law. 9 (Sep. 2011).
- Annual review of Colorado Law, Trust & Estates Section, Case Law Update (2011).
- Annual review of Colorado Law, Trust & Estates Section, Case Law Update (2010).
- Trust & Estates Council Notes, Case Law Update, 2008-2010.
- Faculty, 2009 Estate Planning Retreat, Case Law Update.
- Faculty, 2010 Estate Planning Retreat, Case Law Update.