Mr. Berne strives to provide practical and efficient counsel to his clients. Mr. Berne’s practice includes a range of complex to simple business matters, including business structuring, business sales, business acquisitions, construction law, landlord-tenant law, real estate transactions, trademark and intellectual property law, estate planning, and litigation related to all such issues.
Mr. Berne assists clients in forming and running their business, structuring their business for optimal financial positioning and asset protection, drafting and negotiating transaction agreements, structuring and executing asset and stock sale transactions, acquisition due diligence, drafting and negotiating financing arrangements, drafting construction contracts, drafting company policies and agreements for consultants, restaurants, and retail businesses, employment agreements, non-compete and non-disclosure agreements, counseling clients to mitigate liabilities, drafting and negotiating lease agreements and real estate transactions, enforcing and protecting intellectual property rights, and negotiating and drafting settlements and buy-outs. Mr. Berne assists his clients through all stages of dispute resolution, including informal negotiations and settlements, arbitrations and mediations, and litigation in state court.
Mr. Berne is a National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) alumni, and enjoys exploring the outdoors. Aaron lives with his family in Aspen, Colorado, where he spends his free time mountain biking, skiing, and camping.
- Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College (J.D., 2014), with a Certificate in Business Law.
- University of Colorado at Boulder (B.A., History, 2009).
- Associate, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Glenwood Springs, Colorado, October 2016-Present.
- Associate, Harris Berne Christensen LLP, Portland, Oregon, 2014 – 2016.
- Law Intern, FEI Company, Portland, Oregon, 2013-2014.
- Colorado State Bar, admitted 2016.
- Colorado Bar Association.
- Ninth Judicial District Bar Association.
- Colorado (2016-present).
- Oregon (2014-2016).