Aaron T. Berne
Aaron T. Berne
Mr. Berne has an active litigation and transactional practice, providing clients practical advice to help achieve their goals. Mr. Berne represents many construction, business, and real estate clients, including general contractors, subcontractors, developers, and property owners, as well as entrepreneurs, consulting companies, marketing companies, independent contractors, property managers, vacation rental managers, real estate companies, restaurants, retail stores, start-ups, and online businesses.
Mr. Berne’s litigation practice includes a wide range of construction, business, and real estate matters. Mr. Berne represents clients through all phases of dispute resolution, including informal negotiations, settlements, mediations, litigation in state court, and arbitrations. Mr. Berne prosecutes and defends claims that include business contract disputes, construction contract disputes, construction defects, mechanic’s liens, real estate contract disputes, real estate partition actions, adverse possession matters, foreclosures, LLC litigation, corporate litigation, “business divorce,” partner/shareholder disputes, derivative claims, dissolution proceedings, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and other related matters.
Mr. Berne’s transactional practice also focuses on construction, business, and real estate matters. Mr. Berne represents clients through all phases of negotiating and drafting contracts, including construction contracts, business contracts, property management contracts, and consulting contracts. Mr. Berne represents businesses through their entire lifecycle, including business formation, general corporate counseling, business governance, employment matters, business acquisitions and sales, asset sales, stock sales, and other business transactions.
Mr. Berne is a National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) alumni and enjoys exploring the outdoors. Aaron lives with his family in Aspen, Colorado, where he spends his free time mountain biking, skiing, and camping.
- Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College (J.D., 2014), with a Certificate in Business Law.
- University of Colorado at Boulder (B.A., History, 2009).
- Shareholder/Partner, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Glenwood Springs, Colorado, January 2021-Present.
- Associate, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Glenwood Springs, Colorado, October 2016-2020.
- Associate, Harris Berne Christensen LLP, Portland, Oregon, 2014 – 2016.
- Law Intern, FEI Company, Portland, Oregon, 2013-2014.
- Colorado State Bar, admitted 2016.
- Colorado Bar Association.
- Ninth Judicial District Bar Association.
- Colorado (2016-present).
- Oregon (2014-2016).