Jeff was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and attended Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina for his undergraduate studies. Upon graduating with a degree in Political Science and Philosophy in 2004, Jeff headed west to attend the University of Denver and received his J.D. and Master’s of Public Policy (MPP) in 2008. During law school, Jeff focused on water, land use, and natural resources issues. He spent the summer following his first year of law school studying abroad in Salzburg, Austria, where he took a class taught by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. Jeff interned at the Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute and with attorney Kemper Will, working on urban redevelopment projects for Urban Transitions, LLC. Jeff also clerked with the Denver Water Board and the water law firm Patrick, Miller & Kropf, P.C. in Aspen. After graduation and passing the Colorado bar, Jeff returned to Aspen and started his own practice, Jeffrey J. Conklin, P.C., until hired as an associate with Leavenworth & Karp, P.C. in 2009. Now Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Jeff’s practice focuses on water law, real estate, land use, municipal law, and civil litigation. Away from the office, Jeff enjoys exploring the Colorado mountains, playing guitar, and recreational sports.
- Colorado (2008).
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2009).
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (J.D. 2008).
- University of Denver, Institute of Public Policy Studies (M.P.P. 2008).
- Wake Forest University (B.A. 2004).
- Shareholder/Partner, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Glenwood Springs and Aspen, CO (2014 – Present).
- Associate, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C./Leavenworth & Karp, P.C., Glenwood Springs, CO (2009-2014).
- Sole-Shareholder, Jeffrey J. Conklin, P.C., Aspen, CO (2008-2009).
- Law Clerk, Denver Water Board, Denver, CO (2007).
- Law Clerk, Patrick, Miller & Kropf, P.C., Aspen, CO (2007).
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Commissioner, Pitkin County Planning and Zoning Commission (2013- Present).
- Commissioner, Town of Basalt, Planning and Zoning Commission (2012).
- Vice-Chair, Roaring Fork Conservancy – River Stewards Steering Committee (2011 – Present).
- Member, Aspen Young Professional Association.
- Member, Pitkin County Bar Association and Colorado Bar Association.
Presentations and Publications:
- Moderator, Roaring Fork Conservancy, “East Meets West: Colorado’s Water Future,” September 11, 2012.
- Presenter, Roaring Fork Watershed Collaborative, “Impact of the CRCA on the Roaring Fork River,” July 12, 2012.
- Presenter, Colorado River Conservation District – State of the River Meeting, “Instream Flow Leases,” May 10, 2012.
- University of Denver, Water Law Review, Volume 10, Issue 1 and Issue 2; Volume 11, Issue 1 and Issue 2.
- Western Water Law & Policy Reporter Vol. 11, No. 9 and No. 10.