Hollie Lynn Wieland works at Sear and Associates and is also Of Counsel to Karp Neu Hanlon. Hollie has experience in a wide range of employment matters, including federal and state employment law compliance, hiring practices, termination procedures, and all forms of employee-related litigation. Hollie has litigated Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and workplace retaliation claims, as well as employee contract claims related to covenants not to compete and other restraints upon employee behavior.
In addition to her employment law practice, Hollie represents clients in litigation matters involving business disputes. She is currently general counsel for the American Numismatic Association (ANA).
Hollie is admitted to practice before the State and Federal Courts of Colorado as well as the Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeal. Hollie received her undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado in 1989 and her Juris Doctor from the University of Denver in 1992.
Hollie served on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association since from 2004 to 2010. She is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, the Plaintiffs’ Employment Lawyers Association, the Faculty of Federal Advocates, the Colorado Bar Association, and the El Paso County Bar Association
- University of Colorado-Denver (B.S. Business May 1989)
- University of Denver School of Law (J.D., May 1992)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Associate, Board Member (2004-2010)
- American Association for Justice (f/k/a American Trial Lawyers Association)
- National Employment Lawyer Association
- Plaintiff Employment Lawyer Association
- Ben S. Wendelken Inns of Court
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Associate, Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Glenwood Springs, Colorado, February 2012- Present. Areas of concentration: Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Appellate Law
- Associate, Sears & Swanson, P.C., Colorado Springs, CO, October 1998- February 2012.
- Associate, Harry L. Simon, P.C., Englewood, CO, April 1996-October 1998
- Associate, Salmon, Godsman & Nicholson, P.C., Englewood, CO, February 1994-April 1996
- KOAA News 5, Commentary on Severance Agreements, October 2011
- 2011 Plaintiffs’ Employment Lawyers Assoc. Annual Retreat, Developments in the Stray Remark Doctrine
- 2010 Colorado Bar Association Employment Law Conference, Social Media Policies in the Workplace
- August 2010, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Severance Agreements
- June 2003, Sterling Education Services, Leaves of Absences
- Update on Colorado Tort Reform Legislation: 1992 and 1993, The Colorado Lawyer, Aug. 1993
- Contributing author to The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Employment Law, The Family and Medical Leave Act, CLE in Colorado, Inc
- Stickland v UPS, 555F.3d 1224 (10th Cr. 2009)
- American Numismatic Assoc. v. Cipoletti (Colo. App. 2011)